1楼楼主
发表于 2018-2-20 09:46:55 小草网手机版 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
1. 《世界的最后一晚》
The Last Night of the World

作者:雷·布莱伯利
Ray Bradbury

阅读时长:7分钟

内容简介:
布莱伯利最有名的作品是《华氏451度》(Fahrenheit 451),这本书是有关焚书的反乌托邦(dystopian)故事。但书迷们对他的短篇小说应该也很熟悉,比如《纹身人》(The Illustrated Man)和《火星纪事》(The Martian Chronicles)。

"The Last Night of the World" is a tender, simple story. The first line alone is universally intriguing: "What would you do if you knew this was the last night of the world?"
《世界的最后一晚》是个温情、简单的故事。光是第一句话就足以引人入胜:"若得知这是世界的最后一晚,你会做些什么?"

精彩选段:
"Do you know, I won't miss anything but you and the girls. I never liked cities or autos or factories or my work or anything except you three. I won't miss a thing except my family and perhaps the change in the weather and a glass of cool water when the weather's hot, or the luxury of sleeping. Just little things, really."
"知道吗?除了你和女儿们,我没什么好留恋的。我从不曾喜欢过这些城市,汽车,工厂,我的工作,或任何你们仨以外的事物。除了我的家庭,或许还有季节的轮换、热天里一杯清凉的水或奢侈的睡眠,我不会留恋任何事情。只是些微不足道的事,真的。"

They sat and read the papers and talked and listened to some radio music and then sat together by the fireplace looking at the charcoal embers as the clock struck ten-thirty and eleven and eleven-thirty. They thought of all the other people in the world who had spent their evening, each in their own special way.
他们坐着读报、聊天、听广播里的音乐,一起坐在壁炉旁,看着木炭化为灰烬,时钟敲响10点半,11点,11点半。他们想到世界上所有其他人都以自己特殊的方式,度过属于他们的夜晚。
分享到:  QQ好友和群QQ好友和群 QQ空间QQ空间 腾讯微博腾讯微博 腾讯朋友腾讯朋友
收藏收藏 分享分享 分享淘帖
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

QQ|手机版|联系我们|备案号:沪ICP备16019424号-1|  

GMT+8, 2024-4-20 02:05 , Processed in 0.126093 second(s), 23 queries .

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表